Construction of technological facilities for slag granulation from converters
The project was carried out as part of an investment consisting in reconstruction of the existing production plant. Our task was to prepare a complete, multi-discipline documentation of the converter slag granulation installation in the form of the Building Permit Design and detailed designs. Post-reduction slag is a material with high content of lead and it is a valuable input component in the lead production process. The slag granulation installation designed by us enables its easy transport and dosing.
Basic scope of design works:
– Development of slag granulation technology (parameters: 35Mg of slag with temperature 1120-1280°C during 15min cycle);
– slag hopper, flood trough and granulation trough;
– wet dust extraction system and extraction of steam generated in the process with a capacity of 80,000 Nm3/h (the installation includes a system of extractors sealing the granulation chute, pipeline installation, counterflow scrubber with structural filling and extraction fan). The installation completely liquefies the water steam generated in the granulation process, allowing the purification of the emitted air/vapour, and return the water to the installation;
– a dry dust extraction installation (using the existing bag filter, capacity of the installation 45,000 Nm3/h) consisting of a rotating hood for collecting smoke/vapour/dust from above the slag bed, a piping system, bag filter and an exhaust fan;
– installation of a water pumping station necessary in the process of granulation (1000m3/h), transport of granulated slag (600m3/h), water cooling circuit (300m3/h) together with the pipeline system, fittings, parameter measurement system and pressure and flow regulation;
– selection and installation of a set of fan coolers with thermal power of 10MW;
– compressed air installation: technological and I&C system for the purpose of granulation system operation control;
– installation of a scraper conveyor to transport granulated slag;
– power and control systems for technological equipment (including equipment power supply, transformer station; installed power 500kW);
– control and automation design (including: measuring and control systems, connection with the Master Control System, communication links, cable routes);
– reinforced concrete and steel structures constituting the substructure for the designed installations and equipment, technological pools, material box for slag and pumping station building and contactoring station.